Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 29, 2010

Fast approaching

I haven't felt like blogging for awhile. I'm thinking because it will force me to face what's soon approaching and in some way's have been trying to avoid it. I am emotional and know I can only delay it for so long. Daddy will have left us 1 year ago Nov. 15th. I still don't think I have accepted he is gone. Do I have to? Is it unrealistic to believe that there is no way that he could no longer be here?
The pain is as real and as intense as that November 15th day. I question why we must be forced to feel such pain and sorrow?
I think what get's to me the most is the extreme void. Just emptiness and the strong sense that there is a section of our lives thats missing. I struggle everyday to fill it somehow. I cant seem to conquer that.

Some observation's that have I learned this last year?

1. To appreciate my life...as imperfect as it is.

2. To accept imperfection's and dissappointment. Nothing and no one is perfect.

3. Alway's work hard, and realize you will never get ahead of your to do list.

4. See the beauty in thing's that are free.

5. ALWAY's PRAY, even when they don't seem to be answered.

6. Take time to remember. Think of the past, treasure it.

7. Realize it all doesn't have to be done today.

8. Love and be Loved like never before.

9. Stretch beyond your boundries.

10. Reach out and recieve. Give and expect nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Rhonda, it will be 6 years on December 12th that my father passed away from cancer so I understand about the great void you speak of. People always say it will get easier with time, I don't think it gets easier I think we just learn to accept it a little more. Your observations are great ones and each of them have great meaning. If all of us could remember these each new day I think the world would be a much better place to live in until the day we can be with our loved ones again. I am sorry for your loss and will pray that God can somehow fill that void with precious memories and the knowledge that you really will be by your fathers side one day, hand in hand, smiling at our Heavenly Father and praising Him for answering all He has promised each of us. Bless you Rhonda, I hope you will find peace in your heart soon.
    Much Love, Dawn Gaham

    ReplyDelete